We’ve taken photos at our latest project in London so that you can see some of the stages of the installation process for yourself. At every step, from preliminary measurements to final checking, special care is taken when installing the track, core and fabric to ensure the highest standard of finish. The FabricWall installation is carried out in a number of stages by our specialist installers – take a look at our photo guide.
Measuring and Installing the FabricWall Track
1. Wall dimensions are accurately measured before cutting of perimeter and mid-rail track
2. The wall area is then marked with vertical and horizontal joint locations. Track is accurately cut and mitred at intersecting locations.
3. Perimeter track is pre-wrapped in the chosen fabric so that the exposed part of the track has the same fabric finish as the wall.
4. The perimeter and mid-rail track is securely fixed to wall using compressor powered staple gun.
Installing the Sound Absorbing Core
1. Sound absorbing core material is cut to size ensuring that it completely fills the void between the track components.
2. The site-cut pieces of absorbing core are installed tightly inside track extrusions using spray adhesive.
Fitting the Stretched Fabric Exterior
1. The chosen fabric is cut 100mm to 150mm wider and longer than track centres.
2. The fabric is tacked into the centre of the top and then bottom tracks. It is then tucked into the track outwardly from the centre of the top and bottom track.
3. The same fabric tucking method applies to the vertical tracks.
4. When all sides are tucked in, scissors are used to trim excess fabric to 10mm.
5. The final 10mm of fabric is then tucked into the track.
The final result is a stretched fabric wall that provides the highest standard of architectural finish and excellent acoustic performance. If you would like more information about the installation process or for a quote, contact us.